ACTION COMMITTEE ON ISLAMIC FINANCE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (ACIFSDGs)
The AFRIEF Ambassador shall coordinate the establishment of an Action Committee on Islamic Finance and Sustainable Development Goals (ACIFSDGs) under his/her chairmanship for the purpose of harnessing and coordinating the power of Islamic finance and capital, entrepreneurship and innovation to harness ethical/impact investments to address poverty and environmental challenges nationally through:
- Supporting in-country government across Ministries and Departments to achieve the commitments expressed under the Paris Climate Agreement, and their Sustainable Development Goal targets.
- developing strategies for government and stakeholder engagement, facilitating knowledge exchange and providing practical assistance to policy makers and the general public through webinars, visits, workshops at plenaries etc.
- guiding and providing strategic counselling to national policy discussions on Islamic finance and capital market development.
- helping to develop and support fundraising activities related to the work plans of the Action Committee.
- Developing an enabling and stable regulatory and policy environment for both ethical/impact investors and social enterprises.
MEMBERSHIP AND ELIGIBILITY OF ACIFSDGs
Membership of the Action Committee will comprise of high-level individuals, plus associated institutions, widely recognized and respected for their professional achievements, including private investors, financial institutions, capital market operators, entrepreneurs, foundations, academics, impact-oriented organizations, non-profits and intermediaries.